Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Gingerbread House for Creative Tuesdays!

Hi All! I'm late but I'm getting my submission in just under the deadline and I had a lot of fun drawing this C.T, gingerbread house sketch, especially as I'm trying to work with new mediums.

 My little Gingerbread House was built by this Intrepid squirrel who is eating an acorn and admiring his handiwork. As far as the mediums that I did this in, same as usual I worked with ink and watercolor paper-- but the brown is actually 4 shots of espresso! I am experimenting by painting with mediums are not just paint, including different types of tea, wine, and good old coffee slash espresso.

This challenge is due today! So please go to the most recent entry at, and click on the link at www.creatuvetuesdays.blogspot.co.uk, to enter your Gingerbread House. Happy Creative Tuesdays, and thank you, Mister Toast!

4 comments:

Christine said...

very creative and so cute!

lissa said...

this squirrel knows how to build a delicious house. & he wears a scarf, so very cute...

have a lovely day.

Michael said...

Donna, I love your different things you;ve been doing lately, seen on your blog here and on instagram. The espresso shots is a unique take too and I think if that had been added to the gingerbread it would have tasted superb! I love your take on this. Great job and super cute. Thank you for finding the time to get this done!

alarmcat said...

very cute drawing! your little squirrel is adorable