Sunday, October 2, 2016

Patterns and Little Red Riding Hood For Creative Tuesdays

Hello, All!  I am so sorry to have missed C.T.  So, I have a few images, for last time's prompt of "Patterns," and this week's prompt of "Little Red Riding Hood." I have combined the themes.

Pattern Piece 1.  I did this for an upcoming "Day of the Dead" show I'm in, and this is actually an homage to a Koala in real life at the L.A. Zoo who died, named Killarney.  I love patterns, and below, is a piece I have full of patterns on the costume, in addition to some images on the bottom that aren't patterns:



Little Red/Pattern Piece 2.  This is my dual submission for last and this week, fully on the Pattern and "Red Riding Hood" theme.  I digitally turned a piece I made called "The Adventures of Little Red Riding-Hook" (as she has a hook for a hand and is in scuba gear) into a pattern.  It's a little Magic-Eye ish, I think:



And, 3.  Original Piece (Little Red Riding Hood): In case anyone wants to see it, the above piece came from this original below:



I am looking forward to seeing what other people post!  You have until tomorrow, Tuesday, to post something.  Please sign up at Mister Toast's Link Below, until Midnight tomorrow Mountain Time

http://creativetuesdays.blogspot.com/2016/09/new-ct-theme-is.html

Thanks for reading and hope everyone is well <3 br="">

9 comments:

alarmcat said...

nice interpretation!! so much detail...wow!

Dancin Fool said...

Wow! I love all of your images but especially the last, used also for your pattern submission. Its so interesting. How big is the original? I am going to need some more time to study it in detail, one of those pictures you keep finding something in.

Christine said...

Very beautiful combined theme Donna! Nice to see you back at CT!

Michael said...

Wow, indeed, Donna. This/these are so different...even for you with your active, lucid imagination. Haha. I have to say, this is probably the first time I've seen Red Riding Hood in a space suit of sorts but I love that idea of adding a twist to the classic, as indeed are a lot of the elements her,e including the starfish, etc. Great detailed work here. Thank you for showing us everything, and popping in the pattern piece too. I'm not sure I really get the tie in on the first piece but can tell this must have taken you AGES too! It's very well done for what it is and I can seem some repetition in the fabric, as it were too. All this shows us how valuable your work is to our co-op as it always adds a unique element or interpretation that none of us likely thought of. I really, really appreciate that, Donna. thank you for showing us all this work..and finding time to include it here! Well done!

lissa said...

so many wonderful details on both pieces but I like the 'little riding hook'a little more. the cute star fishes with their eye patches & with one of them drunk on the table - so darn cute, and the wolf/lizard, & tons of little wonderful details, definitely need to look at this piece for a few times since there are so many elements. great entries for both themes.

have a lovely day.

Alexandra MacVean said...

Your Red Riding Hood is wonderful. Lots of great detail going on and so much being said. I'd love to know your interpretation of your own illustration here, with the various characters and objects found within. :)

Michael said...

Oh, Donna, I'm so stupid! Lol. She's not in a spacesuti but underwater gear with an oxygen tank! Not sure why that didn't twig at first but Alex was showing me the marrying starfish are really starfish, the octopus is for the table, etc! Hahha, Brilliant, anyway! Very imaginative.

craftydvl said...

Hi Michael! Thank you so much. Yes the first one as I was working on it I thought the whole thing would end up with costume repetition including in the bottom skirt although it only ended up having the sleeves and the hair with the repetitive patterns. I did want to include it though since it was the original thing I was working on and did not finish in time for the pattern week of Creative Tuesdays before I ended up making a digital pattern of the Little Red Riding Hood piece. But I am glad you like them all!

craftydvl said...

Hi Michael! Thank you so much. Yes the first one as I was working on it I thought the whole thing would end up with costume repetition including in the bottom skirt although it only ended up having the sleeves and the hair with the repetitive patterns. I did want to include it though since it was the original thing I was working on and did not finish in time for the pattern week of Creative Tuesdays before I ended up making a digital pattern of the Little Red Riding Hood piece. But I am glad you like them all!