Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Creative Tuesdays. Little Monster Wearing Striped Socks!

Hi C.T.,

I'm sorry that this is so late! This is for the Creative Tuesdays prompt this week of striped socks.

 Things have been crazy stressful for me of late, and I've been dealing with some stuff in my own life and across the country stuff with my family so I missed doing the little monsters prompt last time.

But here he is, and he is wearing striped stops which are unraveling and attached to a ball of yarn. He is a Koala Dragon Tiger Lion. Soooo... A Dragoaliger? Not sure what to call him. But I made him from a bunch of different animals because when I teach my kids in after school cartooning programs how to make monsters, one of the ways that I do it is to combine different types of animals together and that ends up with a fun weird monster creature.

I really apologize that I am so late today that I missed last time and that I still need to catch up with everyone's work for this week and last week.

Please go to the link at the end of this blog entry before the end of the day today to submit yours. Thank you Mr. Toast and everyone for all that you do!

http://creativetuesdays.blogspot.com/2016/04/fit-to-be-drawn.html?m=1

8 comments:

Michael said...

Donna! So good to see you! Wow. Yes, we were concerned that surely something must be going on in your life to be so absent. not like you at all. So, let me jsut say first and foremost that I am sorry, and if there is anything we can do, even in some small measure, please let us know.

On to your art: I love how you combined both themes which is a clever way to catch up and even worked in what you teach the kids. I love that. Clever. A Dragoaliger? Works for me. Imagination indeed.

Seriously though, I'm relaly relived to hear from you dera Donna. You are so much a part of this little art co-op family adn def a part of mine adn Alex's online family. We;ve missed your writing and art and even photos of your various co-ops. I suspect ppl will come over here as they realise you contributed this go around.

Do take care and welcome back! Please feel free to email Alex or myself if ever needed. :)

linda (dots n doodles) said...

Sorry to hear you are having a stressful time Donna, but hope things get better soon. I love your mismatched animal and what a great name as well. The little extra added touch of the unravelling sock is brilliant. Glad you found the time to join in on this one.

lissa said...

cute, somewhere between a lion and a bear, a good combination. good take on the ct theme.

have a lovely day.

Christine said...

cute lil monster Donna!

genie said...

Better late than not at all. Love his socks and fuzzy ears. It is such a cute drawing. Great job. genie

Kathy Kerr said...

Just love the combination pf themes you came up with. Great job.

Wanda said...

Dear Donna. So clever and sweet to combine the two challenges. I understand stressful life situations, and like Michael, want to send love and prayers your way. We all love and enjoy your work, as you are such a part of this group. Hugs. Wanda

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

Great idea to combine the two prompts and wonderful execution, too. I am new to CT, but hope to be around and seeing you and your work again. Hope your 'issues' sort themselves out in no time!