Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Light Up! And Lamps (For This Week's Creative Tuedays)

Hi Everybody,

I am about to get this in, just in time!


Many of you guys know I work in bright color often, but I also work darker and in black and white. Here are a couple of quick comic panels.  The lamp falls in the first panel, and is reflected in the highlights of the eyes of its horrified owner in the next panel.  I had fun playing with the ideas of lamps and illumination/light, as well as reflecting an actual lamp in someone's POV and eyes.

Please check out the work and submit some yourself at Michael/Mister Toast's Blog below:


Thanks as always and happy C.T.-ing!

7 comments:

Tracy Campbell said...

Donna, your post isn't linked up to CT. I just checked in on your blog to see if you posted. Anyway, I am partial to black and white designs and this one is wonderful. Keep up the great work. 😊

lissa said...

intriguing idea with the panels, it sure works well. & I like the patterns on the lamp. another great take on the CT theme.

have a lovely day.

Christine said...

Very nice work Donna how neat the reflection in the eyes!

Michael said...

That's a really great idea, Donna, and especially looks great when you click on the image to see it larger and indeed see that reflection in her eyes. Yes, I know you love colour but I also really enjoy your black and white comic type illustration panels too, this being one of them.

So glad you made this under the wire and got it in on time. You and a few others, I might add! Wheeeee! thank you for taking the time to do this. Wonderful lamp too, btw. Love that style! :)

Barbara Casillas said...

Very creative idea. I like the comic look to it.

Alexandra said...

What a unique idea, Donna. I've never tried to sketch comic strips. How fun!! :)

Michael said...

Are you OK, Donna? Not only have we not seen you around, visiting others on CT as you normally would but you haven;t posted here in a while. We care about you and want to make sure you are doing ok. Please email us or let us know here. Thinking of you and missing you on blogland--your wit, writing, art and photos!