Monday, December 7, 2015

Creative Tuedays. Old World Christmas!



Hi All! This week's theme is "Old World Christmas" here at C.T., so here is my new "Joyeux Noel" old, European feeling submission, at I hope it feels European even apart from the caption en Francais.

I just finished this tonight. Seems to be a Greeting card design inspired by Victorian Christmas Cards and Vintage Fashion.

Her face is drawn with prismacolor pencil and the rest are hues from the new pigment marker collection by Winsor And Newton.  These new markers blend vibrant colour well and I am enjoying playing with them.

As happens a fair amount I am visiting family so I'm updating from my phone. It is cold in New York. Also dark, a lot. I visit my family in New York fairly often and it's not like I'm not used to the weather of where I come from despite living in California now but for some reason the time change has hit me hard this year and continues to kind of be a struggle. Even in L.A. it being dark at five bummed me out, and of course in the East Coast the Sun tends to start going down closer to four or four thirty, so ... Anyhow. I am very very very tired (without getting into specifics I would super appreciate love, prayers, Internet Hugs, and Good Vibes as many big life things are happening in my life now), and wish I could say more, but hopefully my Holiday Card speaks for itself.

Anyway, you still have time to submit! I hope I did this right via Mobile. Click on the words below to go see other submissions and to submit yourself. You have some time still to submit by, on, the Tuesday September 8th due date!

Creative Tuesdays Old World XMAS

Thank you guys as always for being awesome. And thank you, Mister Toast, for the gift of Creative Tuesdays!

(-:

Donna





7 comments:

Christine said...

You did capture a lovely Old World European feel Donna, a beautiful outfit! I've never posted from my phone, it obviously works!

Wanda said...

I do love your Old World style. She is very cute and her outfit is darling. I live in So. CA. and it is really getting dark early. We have to take Molly for her walk by 4:15. Enjoy you time in NY. Blessings.

Janis Cox said...

Oh Donna,
I will be praying for you - for whatever you need. May you find peace and joy this Christmas even if it's dark. It's interesting that it still doesn't get dark until 5:30 - 5:45 here in Arizona. Lovely painting and reminds me again why I am wearing a dress this December to advocate against human trafficking. And I don't know how you post from your phone. I don't even like posting from my Ipad. And I think you mean December - not September. You must be thinking of sunny warm weather. :)
Blessings,
Janis

Tracy Campbell said...

Donna, thank you for sharing your delightful, charming, girl. You also captured "An Old World Christmas". Simply wonderful. Sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch. I find the lack of sunlight quite depressing where I live as well. Enjoy your family and have a Merry Christmas. :-)

lissa said...

she's cute and I like the colors, her bright outfit is very cheerful and just right for the holidays. good take on the ct theme.

have a lovely holiday season.

Michael said...

Dear Donna, this is a very previous piece. I particularly love the xmas tree. Your new pigment marker collection really does blend everythign so well together, making for a perfect interpretation of an Old WOrld Christmas indeed. I got it right away.

Yes, you will certainly be in our thoughts and prayers too. I'm sorry for the challenges and perhaps sorrows besetting for you. Joy is indeed hoped for for the new year for you!When it get dark, keep creating your little bubbles of joy in your wonderfully lyrical style.

Thank you for playing along on this them and yes, your phone again seemed to work great. Phew!

Alexandra said...

This is darling! I hope you've had a lovely Christmas!! :)