Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Fairy Tale Tree, for C.T.!

So, I began this as a Fairy-Tale Birthday style tree (one that bloomed balloons), and I was drawing it at work Saturday on a break, and then my co-worker and good friend asked me to turn it into a full-blown Birthday Card.  Yay, on the spot commission!



So, this is a Magical Koala-Ty Koala-Tree!  Oh, me and my insane Marsupial puns.  Anyway, the card was ultimately for my friend's friend with a two year old Baby, hence, the Koala Momma and Baby.

I think a tree that bloomed things, in addition to flowers, would be magical.  A tree of teddy bears, a tree of hearts, etc.  That's how I got the idea for a tree of Balloons, and, I'm glad it was well received enough to turn into a full greeting card and to get a new home ^_^  I did it with ink and watercolor.

This challenge for Creative Tuesdays was brought to you by Michael/Mister Toast, who is awesome, and runs this collective!  Check out his blog below:
http://creativetuesdays.blogspot.co.uk/

And please, check out the entries for this week, and post yourself if you like, by going to the link:
http://creativetuesdays.blogspot.com/2015/05/can-you-guess-new-theme-due-may-19th.html

Thanks for reading!  Have a High Koala-Ty Day.  Or Koala-Tea, if you like that better than Coffee ^_^

7 comments:

linda (dots n doodles) said...

You and Michael are obviously on the same wave length this time around, you with balloons and his with cups. Donnna, I can see why your friend wanted it as a card, it has such a happy family feel to it together with the bright colours makes it perfect. Love the addition of the little koalas and hearts in the tree trunk.

P.S. Thank you for your lovely and kind words left on my blog, which I so appreciated. I have replied to you there as well. Hugs, Linda.

Tracy Campbell said...

Hi Donna, I love your Magical Koala-Ty Koala-Tree. And I noticed the hearts in the tree which is wonderful. And I'm so happy to hear you were able to get work from your design. I'm sure your client loved the birthday card. I know I do. :-)

Christine said...

This is so cute, well done Donna.

lissa said...

balloons growing on tree? I like that idea and the Koala Momma and Baby look so adorable and happy, definitely a good drawing for a card.

hope you have a lovely day.

Michael said...

What a Koala-Ty piece indeed, dear Donna. So fun. And, ha, we had similar ideas of those sprouting trees! I'm with Linda above that adding the artwork into the tree trunk was a great move.

I can totally see why someone wanted this for a b'day card too. So cheerful and cute! I always love to read when anyone manages to use their CT piece for something like this later. Well done!

Oh, and thank you too for your lovely supportive comment to Linda. That warms my heart when I see us helping each other along, even for a break! Do you know that with another long timer leaving for a while, that makes you, Christine and Lissa the longest committed ones to this CT now. That's a badge of honour in my dotty book, let me tell you. :) Thank you!! Keep it up.

Janis Cox said...

Donna,
What a lovely piece - no wonder someone wanted to use it. Colourful, and imaginative.
Blessings,
Janis

Alexandra said...

Donna, a very cute Koala fairytale tree - it's perfect with the surrounding balloons and bright colours! :)