Monday, May 26, 2014

Creative Tuesdays: The Joy Of Socks!

Hello All!  Happy Memorial Day, if you are in the U.S. :-D  Below is my submission for C.T. and "The Joy of Socks."


I took an illustration I had done and re-designed it digitally for this theme.  I wanted to turn a completely unrelated to fashion piece, into somewhat more of a fashion illustration-y piece.  So, I did some digital changes on her outfit, and made the background and floor a bit more graphic (I think the original detail was distracting from the main point of the picture.  Apart from the girl's face, the socks are the biggest part of her outfit that stands out. Now, with the purple, black, and white changes I made working on this digitally, I think they pop out better.  And it was a lot of fun to design the sock pattern itself, which works for the theme "The Joy of Socks!"

I am behind and have to get to commenting on everybody's work from last, and this time.  I am hoping to get to everything tomorrow.  Everybody's drawings that I've peeked at are very fun, and full of sock deisngs I'd wear in real life!

So, without further ado, here are important links!

Below, is the link to Mister Toast's Website:
http://www.dottyhill.com

Next, is the link to his overall Blog:
http://www.dottyhill.com/blog

And finally, the link to the entry where until tomorrow May 27th, you can post your "socks" submissions:
http://www.dottyhill.com/blog/2014/5/15/the-joy-of-the-next-creative-tuesdays-theme

Hope you are all well!

-D.

6 comments:

Wanda said...

What a smart way to use a illustration you have previous done. I've done that a couple of time when time stressed.

I love girly socks and I would wear hers any day.

TwinkleToes2day said...

This is such a clever concept. I like her socks and like Wanda, would wear them any day :D

MMm.. said...

Donna, those socks are totally adorable as is the sweet girl. I love the sock pattern. Alex would soo love those! Hee. Yes, I think your additions worked great. I love it, and your write up and links as always.

Now, next time you just have to make them too! :) thank you for playing along. Its so fun having you join us all. I love your interpretations.

linda (dots n doodles) said...

This is really superb. Love the pattern on her socks as well as her dress. Gorgeous colours as well.

Alexandra said...

Very cute socks!! And I LOVE her red shoes, too. What a fun piece. :)

Katie Hone said...

Really like the bold colours here - something I've always loved in Graphic Design. Neat idea re-working an old design - I may try that some day!