Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"Forest" for Creative Tuesdays


So, here is a greeting card I finally finished in time for "Creative Tuesdays!"  I just got back from travelling to Oregon, and while I did not get to explore the forest there, it put me in a forest-y mood.  So many trees, and so much green, everywhere!  There are no pine trees in my illustration, alas, as this is a clearing within a forest.

The trees on the outside protect the little girls and their forest friends, who are a bunny and a deer.  They don't know the sun is peeking in on their scene, but they need not worry-- he'll keep them warm and protect them.

I'm quite tired, so I won't write more, but here is the link to submit to today's "forest" theme at Mister Toast's great "Creative Tuesdays:"


Thanks for reading, and lots of love!

5 comments:

Christine said...

That's a sweet greeting card for the theme!

Betsy Brock said...

heart shaped spots...awww. :)

Wanda said...

Very sweet Donna. Love the little girl holding the rabbit. Nice touch.

lissa said...

sweet take on the theme. I like the idea of forest friends.

hope you have a great day.

MMm.. said...

Well, Mister Toast LOVEs it. Love reading your stories too as I coudl jsut tell this had a lot to it. Your pics draw the viewer in, Donna. Thank you for adding it for this theme. I had such a lovely idea to try out but never made it whislt in CA--northern CA though.

Guess what? My daughter jsut moved to San Diego this week to join her B/f there--a very injured marine --triple amputation.