Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Candy (And Sweet!) For Creative Tuesdays

Hello everyone!  This week's "Creative Tuesdays" was much fun, and I made a greeting card for it.







For the theme of "Candy/Sweet," I depicted two girls (either a Big Sister and a Girl, or a Mom and a Girl) exploring a kind of Candy Land.  I looked at an Italian children's book I have, as well as some old Eastern European illustrations, for ideas style-wise.

One is picking from the Candy-Cane tree, the other is watching a butterfly sprout from the Peppermint tree, and there are also various Chocolate Bars, Lollies, Cookies, and/or other Sweets hidden around the image.  They've come across two animal friends who are also made of, or consuming, sugary sweetness.  And the card's border is adorned with Jelly-Beans, to top off the "Candy" part of the theme, specifically.

I'm still trying to decide on a caption to write into it, but it will likely be a pun or rhyme on the "You're so sweet" variety.

In any case, everyone should go on and submit to this very fun theme!  The link's below, and you have until June 4th to whip something up (an ice-cream, cool whip, or whipped cream pun is perhaps in there, or at least I am convincing myself it is since this theme has given me sweets on the brain!):

http://creativetuesdays.blogspot.com/2013/05/new-theme-for-june-4th-is.html

Thanks for reading, and hope you all are having a Sweet Week :-D

9 comments:

Wanda said...

Hi Donna ~ I'm sure that those girls, whether sisters or mom and daughter will be rubbing their tummies with delight after spending a day in your Candy Land.

I've got mine ready, but have Sky Watch Friday tomorrow, so will post it on Saturday.

Very nice job as usual.

TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from Creative Tuesdays - Loving the style Donna, reminds me of an old children's fairy tale book :0)

linda (dots n doodles) said...

Donna, I love all the detail and research you put into your work, it must take you so long to produce. Your candy land is no exception and makes such a wonderful card. A superb piece of art!

Christine said...

I like your take on the theme!

Teri Casper said...

WOW, what an awesome piece!! Just wonderful right down to the shape.

lissa said...

when I first saw the drawing, I thought of hansel and gretel and the gingerbread house - looks quite similar. sweet drawing.

hope you have a great day.

Alexandra said...

Love your candy trees. How fun! :)

MMm.. said...

Donna, one of the things I adore about your charming illustrations is I almost always find something new in the details each time I come back to look at it again. Like this time, I noticed the candy canes and the peppermint swirl candy in the lower left. Superb and with a fun storyline, to boot! Love it. Great job. So love when you then make these into cards. It;s good knowing CT helps you keep your business going.

Joni Nickrent said...

Who doesn't love a delicious candy land! Wonderful and whimsical painting! Perfect for the prompt! SWEET!