Friday, July 27, 2012

Swirling, Swirly, Swirls! Inspiration Avenue

So I use swirls a lot in my art, but this piece seemed to have a few more than most.  It's part of a series I'm doing called "Faces," and these portraits tend to get swirly in the hair, especially with the hidden images.  This girl is "Dia De Los Muertos" themed, and there are swirls in her curls, as well as swirls in the bodice of her dress.

Sorry I missed I.A. last time, and I LOVE Paris so I was so bummed.  "Phantom of the Opera" is an obsession of mine.  I've been super swamped with work on a summer project, but am happy to get the chance to post here, and excited I finished this new piece in time to submit.

I'm turning into a Pumpkin, look at the time.  But here are some links before I shove off:

Here are the "Faces" I'm talking about, if you'd like to see the others:
http://drawdvl.com/face-and-spot-illustrations.html

Here is the link to submit to Inspiration Avenue for this week's theme, to submit at the most recent entry about "Swirls:"
http://inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com/

Thanks for reading :-D


8 comments:

Tamarai said...

Oooh! I love this! It's very Venice.

Deborah said...

Wow! That is a fabulous drawing. I love it!

Alice said...

this is pretty amazing! i love all the faces and hidden treasures! and i went to check out your other faces, too. you really have a gift for this!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic drawing!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

She's beautiful. I love the way you wove the Día de los Muertos' skulls into her hair. Blessings!

Lou Anne said...

This is an awesome portrait for Dia de los Muertos. Congratulations on winning this week!

Terry said...

Donna, this is gorgeous. I love her expression and of course the hidden little bits are a super treat.

Kat W said...

This is amazing, so clever!! Congrats on being the Red carpet winner on IA this week!

Kat :-) X