Monday, June 18, 2012

"On Holiday" for Inspiration Avenue

For the I.A. "On Holiday" challenge, I'm submitting a card of some Victorian backpackers.  They might be carrying around too much luggage, but at least they are going to have many fabulous changes of clothes (as well as, hopefully, necessities) without having to worry!  With a purse, a roll up-suitcase including an umbrella, a suitcase, a bottle, and a bucket, they're pretty well covered.

If anything, they'll have a vacation where they are over-prepared.  Apparently, one stop on their Holiday involves the beach/seashore, because I'm not quite sure why else Little Miss Girl on the Left would be carrying the bucket on her head.


This card's caption is, "I Could Never Carry On Without You!"

To see other friendship greeting cards I've created, please go to:

To submit to I.A., please go to the Inspiration Avenue Blog, at the entry that says "On Holiday:"

Thanks, and hopefully we all get to take a fun holiday soon!

6 comments:

Lou Anne said...

I'm so glad I didn't live during that time. I already pack too much wherever I go. I can only imagine how hard it would be for me to carry my clothes. Love the addition of the bucket!

Tamarai said...

I like the bucket on the head. And the too much luggage. Back in those days everything must have seemed really exotic and wonderful. We've become so blah about the world. Exciting times!

Darla said...

how cute!

Magpie said...

I love this! Imagine how much space just one dress would take up in those days. No wonder traveling was such an excursion. That didn't keep Victorians from traveling though :)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Very clever illustration. I like it. Blessings!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an interesting and enjoyable scene you have drawn for us to enjoy. And even though there may not have been as many clothes as we pack today, I suspect one dress would have filled a small suitcase! I can only imagine what you would have needed for all the dressing gear, as well as a bathing suit.

And then there's your humor, always on the cutting edge of each piece. Well done, once again, Donna.