Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Creative Tuesdays: Gift!

I'm coming to C.T. with a new birthday submission-- last week was "Celebration" and I showed birthday celebrations.  This week, the theme is "Gift," and I am going with birthday gifts!

I, perhaps, have birthdays on the brain, since this past weekend three of my closest friends had birthdays and making sure to spend time with each of them kept me very busy Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Plus, my own birthday is later in the summer, but I will not dwell on that until the time comes!

Without further ado, here is a greeting card with the theme of "Gift," being submitted for the June Nineteenth Creative Tuesdays!


Upon drawing this card, I thought that it was the girl on the right who was being given the gift.  Now, I'm not sure.  One the one hand, the left-hand girl looks like she's excited, dancing, and about to hand over the gift.  But then again, she appears the most excited gift-giver in the world (to the point of being more dressed up than the birthday girl, and perhaps stealing the show from her unfairly).  Perhaps, the girl on the right actually IS the birthday girl-- and the girl on the left handed her that gift off camera (off paper?), and now Birthday Girl and her excitement/new gift/diva-y birthday outfit are cavorting around.

Also, there are three cats.  One flying by way of balloon, one dancing en pointe (and probably being partially held in air by her balloon), and one being snuggled who looks ever so slightly confused and scared.  *pets virtual fraidy cat, to let the kitty know all will be okay*

So, I've written enough silliness, and will present everyone with some links, without further ado!


To see other cards like this one at my website, please go to:

To submit to Creative Tuesdays, run by the fabulous blogger, Mister Toast, please go to this link on Tuesday, June Nineteenth:

Hoping everyone's having a good week <3

8 comments:

Wanda said...

How cute, a big gift, and kittens to boot...what a great Birthday celebration.

Betsy Brock said...

Oh, it's a mystery! lol! I think the one with the gift looks like the birthday girl. Her grip looks pretty tight on that present! haha.
My favorite part is that cat with the balloon! :)

MMm.. said...

Yes, a great gift indeed, whatever! :) and lovingly drawn /coloured too. I LOVE it. TY Donna. Very fun and cute too. Perfect. 45

Fred Rutherford said...

This is great. I love the Alice In Wonderland feel here, the cat is great and the spirals are an amazing touch in the background. But the details of the girls are fantastic. Thanks

Christine said...

very nice and cheerful painting! And a bit of mystery...we are left wondering whose gift it is!

Alicia C said...

I absolutely love your girls as usual! THe one with the big gift weirdly looks like someone I know, LOL = its a funny idea re the ambiguity re who's giving and who's receiving but also apt if you notice that giving is in itself a gift - usually one feels happier thru giving than thru receiving. deep thought for today. ha ha ha!

Heather said...

this is fun and happy - with great happy movement. the cats are cute too - love that!
i just love the cat on the left iwth balloon!
so fun!

Muhammad Atif said...

To see other cards like this one at my website, please go to:
Hank Hendricks
Send gifts to Pakistan from UK