Monday, May 7, 2012

"Hitched" for #IllustrationFriday

Below is my I.F. drawing for this week's theme of "Hitched."


If her lacy bodice's hidden drawings, her earrings, and her subliminally curled hair were not hints enough, this young lass is soon to be getting "hitched."  She's part of a new series of faces I've been drawing and experimenting with various styles/techniques on.  Fun project, and I have fun hiding secrets and silly jokes and swirls in patterned chaos  (-:

To submit to Illustration Friday for this week's theme of "Hitched," please go to:


http://www.illustrationfriday.com

Hope everyone's having fun on this challenge  --!!


3 comments:

Claire Wildish said...

She's beautiful! I love the detail and her big big eyes.

Cindy D. said...

Wow, really cool technique! So much rich texture and pattern. And then in the closeup the tiny couples and things, oh my gosh! Just wonderful.

Marcia said...

Hey! I just got your postcard in the mail from the postcard swap. I LOVE IT! What amazing drawings. So nice to have found you, will be following your blog now. Marcia

http://marciabeckett.blogspot.com