Friday, March 23, 2012

Swamp (or techincally, "Swamped" in this case) for Illustration Friday

What I'm submitting for Illustration Friday is a piece I've talked about on her before. I did it for a project called "What Is A Picture Without Words?" Each artist was assigned to illustrate a pargraph of "Alice in Wonderland," using only images and nothing verbal. As far as this I.F. challenge goes, here's my original paragraph to describe this in relation to the theme "swamp:"

"Between having to worry about the weepy mock-turtle, the severely judgmental side-eye the Griffin was giving her, and the fact that the moody queen had just put a green-light out on her, poor Alice was beginning to feel "swamp"-ed."



That's my own silly description for this challenge, but, the actual paragraph I was assigned was as follows:

Paragraph 344.1:
`I'll tell it her,' said the Mock Turtle in a deep, hollow
tone: `sit down, both of you, and don't speak a word till I've
finished.'


Now, time for some links!

The photos section of the below Facebook page shows everyone's submissions for the aforementioned project: http://www.facebook.com/notld

To see other black and white works I've done, please go to:

To submit to Illustration Friday, please go to:

And, if you are in the L.A. area tomorrow, two awesome things are going on! During the day, USC is hosting the "A Big Day for Small Press" Festival, which I am thrilled to be a part of. At night, I'll be showing, as well as having a vendor table at this month's Cannibal Flower show. So, come say hello (-: Prints of this piece will be available, and the original will be being shown at the Cannibal Flower show, too.

USC's "A Big Day for Small Press" Information here:

And, Cannibal Flower's is here:

Happy Friday, y'all! I'm not from the South, but felt like saying that :-p

3 comments:

DD said...

Buen trabajo, Donna!

craftydvl said...

Gracias :0)

Creations By Mit said...

I think your explanation fits the theme well! Wonderful illustration!