Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Inspiration Avenue: Rocking Horse!

I love toys, so I am very excited about this "Rocking Horse" challenge for I.A. (-:

As I was inspired by the Scrapbook paper image shown (as well as the concept of patterns, that I did a Creative Tuesday Challenge for over yonder: http://bit.ly/AC7i5k), I took a card I had made for Christmas while back.

And out of that, I created my submission. Shown below. It's the Rudolph-Rocking-Horse Repeated Paper Pattern! Eep, say that one a few times fast:



I aimed to make it a diverse pattern (as well as original card), since the character is riding a Christmas-inspired rocker, while wearing a Yarmulke. You can see in the original card both the Winter holidays of Channukah and Christmas are shown:



I actually was at a swap-meet a few weekends back (super cool spots, in which to get great deals on finds you'd never find anywhere else), and I saw this super cute short but stocky rocking horse. I wished I could have been little enough to justify buying it-- but all ended up being well, for at the swap meet's end, I saw a man who carried the little rocking horse off, who had an itty-bitty child with him who would be just the right size for the horse. Yay, pony found a home!

In any event, I hope everyone has a lot of fun with this challenge!

To submit or see other submissions, please go to:
http://inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com/2012/01/our-first-co-host-challenge-elizabeth.html


Because I can never resist a good pun, I will pun-illy-- but also seriously-- hope that everyone has a rocking weekend ahead of them :-p

3 comments:

IMGIRL said...

I am truly inspired! I love what you did with it
And I am not even going to attempt to say it!
Two thumbs up and a cherry pie from me!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I always love whatever you make, but that Rudolph Rocking Horse is super clever. I've never seen anything like it before, so this is very, very inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Claire said...

love the rocking reindeer! such a fun picture :)