Monday, February 27, 2012

Inspiration Avenue: Primavera

I love the phrase "Primavera," for I think it sounds much prettier than the English phrase "Springtime." Both are lovely, but for this challenge, I quite like that the longer, more syllabic word was used. Below is the piece I'm submitting for the challenge, entitled, "Marsupispoons."


















Spring as a season and the word "Primavera"have always made love come to mind, immediately. Given the prompt at I.A. (with the lovely words written about the theme, especially alongside the flirty and sensual pictures), the theme of "Primavera" in my submission has much do with love and attraction. I just finished a piece for a gallery show on these very themes. The one difference is that it's not about human love.

To be more specific, the guidelines for the show were to focus on love, reproduction, springtime, and how this relates to animals. We were allowed to go the cute or the obscene route, so I chose the cute/implied route. The koalas are simply spooning, and the border of cartoony koalas (inspired by my toy Koala who I speak of often, Fuzzles Koala), shows more koalas juggling hearts and literal spoons. Oh, punniness. I can never stop.

Incidentally, I thought "Marsupispoons" was a cute and obvious title name, and then someone close to me said it would have been a bit of an easier pun to understand had I called it "Marspoonials." A brief poll I've taken suggests that my title is more difficult to understand, and that "Marspoonials" is clearer. Boo! But not really, as methinks people will understand well enough, and either way, I believe that cudding Koalas can warm the heart, no matter what you title them.

In any event, to see information on the gallery holding said animal show, please go to:

To submit to "Primavera" for Inspiration Avenue, please go to:

Fuzzles, the many marsupials in my heart, and the characters in my illo all thank you for reading <3

11 comments:

Janine said...

Oh this guys are so sweet, i am sure they enyoy the australien spring

Kathy said...

Whatever the name, I love your take on Springtime! Great work and congratulations on the gallery show.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

This is very cute, and I think your title is perfect!

kirstin mcculloch said...

I loved your title (both of them!) and being an Aussie, I understood the meaning!

Such a different take on this weeks theme. I love it!

Anne said...

Cute take on Springtime, the title is great, too! And congrats on the gallery show, awesome!

priti.lisa said...

Gotta love koalas...they are the cutest! This was a great take on the theme, Donna.
♥♥♥

gma said...

How cute...Love the piece and the
name "Marsupispoons"

Kelly Jeanette Swift said...

How cute! I wanna hug.

Magpie said...

Oh, these koalas are darling! I just want to cuddle them. But they are quite happy with each other, and don't need me! lol! I love both titles :)

see you there! said...

What fun and a different take on the challenge. Love in the springtime... oh yes.

Darla

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I admit I usually get around to each blog before now, but I had a tornado hit close to home last week, and I've been playing catch up ever since. I really like your spooning take on Primavera. Of course, I love your animals because they are truly whimsical and fun!!