Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Creative Tuesdays: Shoes --!!

This past week, I displayed two of my card books. I had them for sale/display at the L.A. Zinefest, which happened on Sunday. It was lots of fun, well attended, and a great experience (-: I'll do a recap post on that at some point, but more importantly, I made sure to have one of my cards reflect the Creative Tuesdays theme of "shoes," as I was making it! The characters wearing said shoes can be seen below.











I myself wear a pair of shoes that have cat faces on them (leather Mary-Janes, kind of Doc Martens-ish but a brand called Tredair/TUK-- or is it TDK? Either way, great shoes manufactured in England that last a long while), so I thought it would be cool to have a girl wearing shoes that had bunnies on them, if she were to be playing with bunnies. Her human companion opted for red Converse-y type shoes. Either way, both are durable enough shoes, so they work if you want to go for a bike ride.

As I said in my Inspiration Avenue post previously, I have to post more photos of the books in order to make everything make true sense. But, essentially, they are four greeting cards bound together by string, that make sense sequentially as a little bound handmade book. However, they also make sense and work if you take apart the string, and you have four greeting cards that stand on their own.

But if you read the book as it is made above, you see two kids biking, wearing silly outfits with shoes, with a cloudy sky in the background, and many rabbits all around. And, the rabbit leading into their secret is full of puns. Since he's "hare" (instead of "here..." ba-dum-bum-ching) with a secret. Yay? Yay!

So, everyone who wants to post or see the posts for this week's theme of "Shoes" for Creative Tuesdays, head over to the following link:

http://creativetuesdays.blogspot.com/

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

Betsy said...

shoes with bunny faces on them...lol...now my Nugget would love that! :)

craftydvl said...

Hee (-: They're actually based on a real life pair of cat shoes that I have. If she likes cats as well, this site has a lot of wonderful shoes to choose from!

http://blogs.catster.com/the-cats-meow-a-cat-and-kitten-blog/thirteen-cat-shoes/2010/10/14/

I have a slip-on version of the Black suede cat sneaker with buckle strap, but in pink (I got them in 2003, so they very badly need to be replaced-- poor shoes are are the end of their eighth life by this point), and I have a version of the Leather Mary Jane Sandal by that same company. Mine are a black cat with a white shoe background. Not to be a walking shoe-vertisement, but I love the brand that makes them (same one for both the ones mentioned), and they are fun and wear quite well!

Thanks for reading :-D

Christine said...

very nice interpretation and cute shoes!

Heather said...

oh yeah, those bunny shoes are too cool!
enjoyed this one!

MMm.. said...

Donna, another fascinating read and interesting picture. The drawing on the right with the cat shoes and bunnies is just begging for the story to be told. I'm wondering, for example, why the boy holds up that mouse and such? Anyway, I coudl look at this a very long time. It's so compelling and well done. I will certainly have to go back and read your other posts to follow the story. :) TY!

Daniella said...

I love the faces too!! Really awesome work!
xxDaniella