Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Inspiration Avenue and Butterflies

First I.A. post of the year (-: The last themes were wonderful and looking at everyone's work was a lot of fun. Finally, I seem to be getting my act together in terms of submitting something! The paper doll challenge was especially beautiful, and while I missed the deadline on that, I have been inspired to perhaps create some!

The theme this time around is "butterflies," and below is a new greeting card of mine for the theme.


As the fairy sitting in the background flower has little red butterfly wings peeking out, that's one reference to the theme. However, it's mostly that the foreground girl has a little butterfly nestling in her hair and adorning it. Wonder how long she's making him pose there for?

To submit to Inspiration Avenue, please go to:
http://inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com/2012/01/butterflies.html

To see my website overall, please go to:
http://drawdvl.com

I must flutter (heh heh, oh, puns) off, but wishing everyone a good day (-:

6 comments:

Anne said...

Cute! Love the birdies! :))

Hettienne said...

a lovely entry, thanks for playing along again!!

Terrie said...

what a charming card - anyone would love to receive it!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I like that the butterflies are not initially obvious. Sometimes hunting for things makes the journey so much more enjoyable.

Tracey Fletcher KIng said...

My first for the year as well... I think... anyway... welcome back and so glad to see these amazing detailed and beautifully composed works... love this one especially...xx

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Such colorful work! I agree with the previous poster that there is a certain "thrill" to the hunt!