Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Inspiration Avenue: Alphabet

This week's I.A. theme is Alphabet-- my interpretation spells out words, instead of having a single letter or varied letter as my submission.



This is a poster I was commissioned to do for an L.A. County's high school's recital that was Jazz themed. It was fun to create the silhouetted atmosphere, the moon in the background, and to add the piano keys to the top letters.

There were also black tee shirts with this image printed on it (in white) for the recital, and I have one of these shirts-- sadly, I do not know where my shirt is, or I'd have posted a picture of it. too. But I like the white and black in this version, and makes me think of pianos, so ... methinks it works.

In any event, to submit to I.A., please put your link at the link below:
http://inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com/2012/01/art-challenge-january-23.html


Thanks much, everyone, and hope all is well! <3

5 comments:

Anne said...

Cool black&white, I bet it worked beautifully on t-shirt, too!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

If you come across your tee, I hope you post it--I'll bet it is very striking as white on black, too!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Great poster feel for this challenge. I hope you find your tee shirt, so maybe you can share it, too. Your art is lovely, and I can understand why you were chosen for the commission.

peggy gatto said...

This is a great graphic design!!

Claire said...

what a strong image!! i love it :)