Saturday, December 10, 2011

Illustration Friday: Separated

I posted this page in the past for an Inspiration Avenue challenge, but I think it also applies to the Illustration Friday challenge this week, of "separate." It's a page from the story I did for the "Samurai: The Graphic Novel" anthology, which in part depicts two people who were once on the same path, but end up on journeys that are very separated.

This page is where they first physically separate, as the girl is going on a quest to the underworld, and the boy is staying behind on earth.



I won't say too much more about it so as not to give it away, but I'll direct any interested parties to a link about the book/other anthology creators, and to an interview I did about it last year.

Interview:
http://samuraigraphicnovel.blogspot.com/2010/11/ten-questions-with-samurai-artist-donna.html


Page from publisher, Karl Alstaetter of Hyperwerks, about the book with creator page samples:

http://komickarl.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/samurai-the-graphic-novel

For now, I am off to a holiday fair. Hope to see some friendly faces at the Majestical Roof, right off of Fair Oaks in that little courtyard near Union street, that will be full of artsy goodness :-D

No comments: