Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"Harlequin" for Inspiration Avenue, with "panache"-- for Web of Whimsy!

Double post for November "Web of Whimsy" (hello again, as I've been away!), and this week's "Inspiration Avenue," of Harlequin.

I absolutely love clowns (I think they're cuties and am not afraid of them, as I've mentioned in entries past), and Harlequin clowns are perhaps the most beautiful of all. So, I present a Harlequin clown, with the requisite makeup, outfit, and a little pup who also has on a fun little clown-ish outfit.



As the optional "Web of Whimsy" theme is panache, I'd also like to mention that I think this little clown girl pulls off the definition, at least according to the Miriam Webster online definition.

Panache:

1: an ornamental tuft (as of feathers) especially on a helmet

2: dash or flamboyance in style and action : verve

I dare say, she does have an ornamental tuft (or fluffy ball, kind of like the way winter hats have one) on her clown's hat. And, I think she has a dash of flamboyance in her clothing's style ;-)

To submit to I.A., please go to the link below for this week's challenge:
http://inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com/2011/11/weekly-challenge-harlequin.html


To submit to Web of Whimsy, please go to the link below for this month:
http://dthaase-lines.blogspot.com/p/whimsical-wednesday.html

And please go here to see other spot illos I've drawn:
http://drawdvl.com/spot-illustrations.html

Thanks for reading! <3

P.S.-- Because I love dogs, and because these particular ones are magnificent creatures, I am including a photo of a Harlequin Great Dane (with a little Chihuahua friend) at the end of this post.



These perfect puppies thanks you for your time.

8 comments:

dthaase said...

Donna...so good to have you back in the whimsy mix - great post - fun as always

Manni said...

This is lovely, nice work.

WrightStuff said...

Ooh lovely - reminds me of a story I had as a child about a clown called Peppy.

That doggie picture is priceless!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This one was fun and very, very unique. I had never heard of a Harlequin Great Dane before. The dog photo put it all together and made me laugh at the same time.

Tracey Fletcher KIng said...

Great illustration and love the pic of the Great Dane... never heard of this breed of them before... like a humungous dalmatian...xx

priti.lisa said...

Love your little harlequin clown, perfect little drawing as always ♥

Magpie said...

Love that you used black and white for the harlequin theme, and your little clown definitely has panache!

The harlequin beast is magnificent, and so is his little pipsqueak friend!

Cindy D. said...

Nice job using different pen widths for different effects. Love the fancy hats! Very nicely done. Also, any post with dog photos gets an extra +5. :)