Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Creative Tuesday: Thanks and Thanksgiving



So, my submission is more along the lines of thanking a friend for being a great friend, although the Fall colors are a little Thanksgiving-esque, for fall? As apple-picking is an Autumn activity? Wish I could be off doing that right now!

This thank you card says, as you can see:

"I picked this little gift off a tree, to THANK YOU for being there for me!"


The girls are having fun playing with the llama and the bluebird (hopefully of happiness?), too, who are also in the background.


I think it's important to give to those we care about, and even a small gift, a card, or something silly given to a friend who has done a lot for you can show how much you appreciate them, and are thankful for their presence in your life. The apple here may seem small, but it's meant to signify much larger emotions-- plus, I think that when you are a little kid, something that will seem trivial to an outside adult can actually have all the meaning in the world, because of the wonder you feel as a kid (towards almost everything), as well as inside jokes and all that good stuff. Very fun theme this week, and happy to have participated!


Other artists, please submit your work for C.T.'s Thanksgiving at:



To see other cards alongside this one at my site, please go to:



P.S. This is unrelated, but I am going to include a link to my Halloween blog .


During the last C.T., I mentioned the costume I was wearing, and some people expressed interest in seeing it.


I got confused, so included those pictures in an "Inspiration Avenue" update instead of "Creative Tuesdays," where more people had expressed interest in seeing the costume-- but either way, the link is below for anyone's amusement!



Hope everyone had great Halloweens (-:

8 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh this is cute.... I like getting a gift picked from a tree...Thanks..you're drawings always seem happy!

Christine said...

This is a very thoughtful Thank You card and very seasonal too!

Lord Thomas of Wellington said...

nice creative thought and beautiful drawing of the gift of giving! :) thanks for sharing!

Kristin Dudish said...

What a thoughtful gift and wonderful way to say thank you!

xo
Kristin

p.s. You looked great as the black swan... very graceful (I never would have known that Zorro was keeping you from falling!)

Heather said...

This is a sweet illustrAtion

I agree a little gift or thAmk you can go a long way

I enjoyed this post!

Dina Thanki said...

What a lovely message. Tt is so true, we sometimes forget to say thanks to those who are important to us.

MMm.. said...

Yes, you are so right, Donna and am glad this theme coudl be used to bless others too which I always loveto see. Always too, love to see your interpretations! So lovely a story here.

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Hahaha, awww, with a llama too!! Just adorable!!