Friday, September 16, 2011

Inspiration Avenue, and Illustration Friday: Autumn Splendor, Mesmerize, and Secrets!

These two little girls in this double post (showing a greeting card) appear mesmerized-- when I made this card, I thought that they were busy with two things: A) Getting ready for Falltime and school (hence the amount of orange coloring in the illo, and the characters carrying too much in the way of backpacks), and B), Sharing a secret. Secrets can be exciting, and I felt that especially the girl on the right seemed mesmerized.


The caption is, "I Could Never Carry On Without You!" And yes, it's a backpack/carrying pun.

In any event, I feel that the card for Inspiration Avenue's theme of "Autumn Splendor," with them returning to their Fall and Autumn studies (and the girl on the right is dressed for it too!), and with the windy swirls in the background.

I think it also works for Illustration Friday, as the windy swirls in the background can perhaps have mesmerized them-- or, as I said earlier, the secrets they're keeping may just be enough.

I'm a fan of "Pretty Little Liars," a well shot and acted (And even at times written) teen drama that has a lot to do with secret keeping. "The Pierces," a duo sister singing team that are wonderful (both recorded and live; got to see them last winter!), sing the theme song for the show.

It's called "Secret," and one of the lyrics is, "Look into my eyes-- now you're getting sleepy; Are you hypnotized, by secrets that you're keeping?" And, anyway, I thought of that song in connection to the rambles in my head-- which, are now rambles on paper. Or technically, on screen.

Anyway, without further ado, here are some links!

To submit to this week's I.A., please go to:


To submit to this week's I.F., please go to:
http://illustrationfriday.com/

To see other family and friends cards I've done, please go to:
http://drawdvl.com/family-and-friends-cards.html

Keeping on theme, I do hope everyone's Autumn is off to a splendid start, and that anyone reading has something mesmerizing/exciting happen to them this weekend!

(-: As for me this weekend, I'll be busy manning my booth at ArtCycle L.A. all day Saturday. Whee!

For anyone in the area, it's 2:00 PM until 10:00 PM, on Santa Monica Boulevard between Virgil and Vermont.

Hope to see some local peeps and have some fun!

6 comments:

Tracey Fletcher King said...

This was a really fun take on the theme. Enjoying visiting your blog and really enjoy the your style of writing also. xx
http://traceyfletcherking.blogspot.com/

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's true that when I think of autumn, I think of the school year, which brought new clothes and filling my backpack with the latest school supplies. Gotta love these little gals and their secrets.

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Gorgeous..loved your enchanting post..you are a wonderful artist..beautiful work! Happy Autumn!
victoria~

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Me too as far as thinking of the school year beginning- great take on the theme!

Magpie said...

Back-to-school IS one of the splendid parts of autumn, both for harried parents and for kids reuniting with friends. Some kids may actually like the school work lol! Great submission for the theme!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Even though my daughter in now in college, your sweet illustration reminded me of younger days!