Friday, September 2, 2011

Illustration Friday: Mysterious

This Friday theme is a widely interpretable one. So, for "mysterious," I've submitted a card with a few elements of mystery.



Are these girls actually onstage? Why the green music-noted curtains surrounding them, if they're not onstage? But if they are onstage, why is the stage floor made of hearts? How would one ever hope to balance while doing ballet, or even walking around to perform a theatre show, with such an uneven, heart-shaped floor? Mysterious. Perhaps the stage designer didn't think everything through.

The girl on the right has a sly look and smile on her face. Why so mysterious? (Am I quoting the Joker from the second most recent "Batman" movie? No wait, that's "Why so serious?" Never mind. Have had a tiring week, so forgive any incoherence in my blogging.) She looks like she is up to something, or perhaps just very happy. But, it's hard to read her expression. Mysterious? Mysterious.

And, lastly-- how does the girl on the right have hair made of music notes and staffs? Even curiouser, how do she and her friend pull those notes out from her hair to then hold them and play with them? Hrmm, hrmmm...

I poured as much playful mystery as I could into this card, and I hope people are amused by the bright colors and randomly "mysterious" elements that abound here.

And, onward.

To submit to I.F., please go to:
http://illustrationfriday.com/

I must post this card and other new works on my website, so I'll link to my cards section of my website another time. But for anyone curious to poke around overall, it's at:
http://drawdvl.com

Thanks for reading, and hope everyone has a great weekend (-:

So far, on theme, Los Angeles's weekend looks to be foggy and mysterious. I'm rather liking this San Francisco-y weather, though, so I'm excited. Knocking on wood it keeps feeling like Autumn.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

I'm loving the cards! :)

craftydvl said...

Thank you so much! I love your work as well ^__^