Tuesday, September 13, 2011

For the Forty-Second Edition of Creative Tuesdays-- Kitchen --!!

For this week's Creative Tuesdays, the theme is "Kitchen." I've been drawing like a madwoman and making new cards for a Festival this upcoming Saturday in which I am selling cards.

So, I made sure to also create a card that would for sure fit the theme for "Creative Tuesdays" this week. I had lots of fun drawing and coloring this one, and it was a neat challenge trying to come up with a quirky way to interpret the theme.



I haven't yet decided what the caption for this card will be, or whether I should caption it at all. "Punny" sayings are what I generally go for when I write the greetings inside. That said, sometimes people prefer blank cards for personalization purposes, so I make those too. But C.T.-ers, if you have any suggestions for something to be written inside here, please, let me know!

In any event, this is a Kitchen and Breakfast scene. Mom has curled her hair, sat down to relax, wait for her hair to set, and to caffeinate/read the paper in the interim. Daughter decided to make breakfast, and for unknown reasons, balance the plate of food on her head. Maybe she has dreams of modeling, and didn't have a book around to practice with?

In any case,the two are happy and amused by one another. But both appear to be unaware of the sudsy water overflowing from the dishes in the sink getting washed-- even the little girl missed this, despite the fact that some of the bubbles ended up in her hair.

So now, without further ado, here are some links!

To submit to Creative Tuesdays for this week, please go to:
http://goodteatoo.blogspot.com/2011/09/creative-tuesday-42-kitchen.html


To see Mister Toast's Blog overall, please go to:
http://goodteatoo.blogspot.com/

To see other cards of mine about family and friendship that I've made, please go to:
http://drawdvl.com/family-and-friends-cards.html

And last, but not least-- for anyone who may live in or be near the L.A. area, here are the links for the aforementioned festival for this Saturday that I'm making cards to sell. It will have lots of fun things, like art, food music, and an emphasis on biking/public transit/not using cars as much so we can save the environment:

http://www.artcyclela.com/

http://www.facebook.com/ArtCycleLA


http://twitter.com/ArtCycle

And that, as they say, is that. Happy Tuesday, and Happy Creating, Everybody!

12 comments:

Betsy said...

Good luck with your sales at the festival!

Love the hearts in the coffee steam!

Catherine... said...

Ditto, good luck...hectic kitchen...great fun... :)

Dina Thanki said...

I like the sink with the washing piled up :) Love the colours too. Have fun selling your cards, they are fab!

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Hahahaha, you have a great sense of humor and it's just in every detail there!! So much fun!

Mmm said...

Oh donna, i woudl love to go to that festival and see some of your other cards in person. I'm really flattered you;d take time for us all to do this entry in fact. GREAT addition and, yes, quirky but so was you ideal coffee break too. I still remember it well. It is so you. Love that. TY for doing this.

Best of luck to you at that festival.

I need to do that one of these days. Do you sell originals or prints of cards? both woudl be good I'm sure. BTw, I like blank cards the best myself--more variety on how to use them that way and more likely for me to buy too than trying to find not only a great image card but one that says just the right thing.

Christine said...

cute sketch, with a little suspense thrown in!

Wanda said...

I love that you have such a large card selection. Hope you do excellent at the festival.

So many details..what a fun kitchen scene, and love your narration.

Heather said...

This is great - so much fun. I love that breakfast is way more important than the overflowing sink! I am with you on that....coffee over dishes any day! Your work must look awesome all displayed at a festival...you will have to share pictures with us! good luck!

Missy said...

How fun! Love the mom and the sink!

Judie said...

OMG! That looks like MY sink!!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!!

linda said...

This is so much fun. Love the colours and the heart shape steam coming from the coffe cup. Good luck with your sales.

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

Love the hearts coming out of the cup. Looks like my kitchen sink.
QMM