Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Inspiration Avenue and Web of Whimsy: "Icy!"

I haven't done Web of Whimsy in some time, and as it is a bit of a whimsical thing to be thinking about snow and ice in this crazy summer heat, I figured that a combo post was in order!



Above is my submission for W.W., as well as "Inspiration Avenue," for this week's theme of "icy."

The sun is beautiful, but the accompanying heat and humidity are not as fun, and things I am familiar with from everywhere I have lived (New York with the most humidity, London when I was in school there happened to have a hot and humid summer, and while L.A. was once only dry heat, with climate change it's gotten muggier as of late). So, thinking of the fact that crisp, cool (I can dream) Fall is approaching, and then thinking of Wintry snowy days, makes this a fun challenge and a great excuse to daydream!

My submission is a card, and while I've thought it would be better as a card during the Winter holidays/seasons, perhaps people might appreciate snowy and icy looking art at this time of year, at least as a way to dream of things other than how sweltering it is.

The girl character in the card, and her cat, seemed not to be too worried by the fact they're sitting on igloos and an ice-kingdom, as they aren't at all bundled up. Maybe they just flew between hemispheres, and the abrupt change from Summer to Winter was so exciting they wanted to feel it all ;-)

Anyway, onto some links.

To see more such cards like this that I've made, please go to:


To submit to I.A. yourself and see other submissions for this theme, please go to:
http://t.co/x6m1J1j


To participate in Web of Whimsy, please go to the section marked August for:
http://dthaase-lines.blogspot.com/p/whimsical-wednesday.html

Stay cool, guys!

7 comments:

dt.haase said...

great to have you back - cool illo ; )

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Came over from IA--very cute card!

Heather said...

cute - i like seeing ICE when it's 95 degrees out!!! super cool!

WrightStuff said...

She'll have a super-cold bottom soon!!

Lovely piece. I like all the detail going on in there. Interesting and keeps you coming back for more.

Judie said...

I could sure use some of that ice right now! It is wicked hot, and unusually humid for Tucson!

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

LOVE this- so charming!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your adorable little gal looks all poised on top of that igloo. Glad she is so well grounded on her perch. This is a lovely entry for IA. Sorry I'm late getting to visit, but I've been offline most of the week with a house guest.