Friday, August 5, 2011

"Imperfect" for Illustration Friday

This week's I.F. theme is "Imperfect," and given the imperfect (to put it extremely politely and as the understatement of forever) state of the economy throughout the world and in the United States, I decided to submit this spot illustration.



Not as cheery as my colorful card illustrations, but I thought it would be appropriate for the times and the topic. I sincerely hope things get better in the world in all ways, and many virtual hugs to anyone reading this who could use them.

Back on the illo front, to see more spot illos I have done, please go here:
http://drawdvl.com/spot-illustrations.html

To submit to Illustration Friday for "Imperfect," please go here:
http://illustrationfriday.com

On a merrier note, good weekend wishes to all <3

6 comments:

robertoooo said...

stunning!

Kerry Schofield said...

Ahhh ... a parent's anguish, lovely.

craftydvl said...

I hoped to convey anguish, yet not exploit it. The spot illustrations on my main website (which this was taken from, at http://drawdvl.com/spot-illustrations.html) vary from playful, to surreal, to darker and more serious. Since some were created to be more editorial in nature, they reflect topical themes-- even if they are somber or unhappy ones.

Thank you guys for your words and for reading. This one was sad to draw, and I actually want to draw a companion piece, spot illustration, showing the same characters, in future, happier times.

josh pincus is crying said...

very cool. you have a wonderful illustration style.

AHAviews said...

Very expressive image - and worth the thought, that news is not entertainment - that it involves real people in sometimes stark situations.

Atomic Boogaloo said...

Speaks to the heart.