Friday, August 19, 2011

Illustration Friday: Influence

This week's I.F. theme is "Influence," and as I am greatly under the influence of Fuzzles the Koala, I have posted the below card which I just finished:



The koalas in this picture are "influenced" by romance in the air. After all, there are hearts and happy surroundings in this scene (the two at the right hand corner are especially having a lovey-dovey time of things), so it would be hard to not be swept up by those feelings, right?

I myself was influenced by Fuzzles the Koala, and I wanted make a card featuring miniature koalas (like him) playing around. I also hid a koala in the tree that the girl is picking fruit from.

In any case, for more miscellaneous cards from my site, please go to:
http://drawdvl.com/miscellaneous-cards.html

To submit to Illustration Friday, please go to:
http://illustrationfriday.com

Hope this theme influences everyone to have a great weekend! <3

P.S. On a very silly note, I feel the need to explain.

For anyone curious who might have happened across this blog via I.F.--and who has no idea of what the Fuzzles the Koala references are-- here is a blog where I explained, and also talked about my love for stuffed toys (largely stemming from "The Velveteen Rabbit," and then solidified by the "Toy Story" films-- in particular, the third one). http://craftydvl.blogspot.com/2010/06/really-real-kids-rock.html .

Apparently the blog and the content about toys and the notion that they can sometimes be "Real" hit a chord, since I got a positive comment from a friend, and a less positive comment from a person who I believe made an account just to post. Either way, I love both Real and Stuffed animals, and I don't think there's anything wrong with liking something unabashedly-- even if it is something as silly as a plush marsupial (-:

No comments: