Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Creative Tuesdays: Moon!

For this week's theme of "Moon" for "Creative Tuesdays, I have submitted the below card depicting what it would be like to hold onto the moon while preparing to leap over it, while you also played among smiling stars.




I'm usually pretty alternative/old-fashioned in how I draw many cards, but sometimes my Manga and Manhwa influences sneak in, which I think happened in this card. Definitely, at least, as far as the stars and their facial expressions are concerned ^__^



The original handmade card (if any readers are in or ever visiting the Southern California area) is for sale at Leanna Lin's Wonderland, a store in the L.A. neighborhood of Eagle Rock! The link for this store, and Beading Workshop/Jewelry Center for children, is here:




To see other cards I've made like this one, please go to:




To see this week's entries or to submit your own work to C.T., please go to the most recent post at Mister Toast's Blog:




Hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday! I'd say I hope that everyone feels "Over the Moon," but that phrase is used quite a lot so I will refrain :-D

13 comments:

Betsy said...

holding the moon and leaping over it sounds like quite a feat! I love crescent moons especially! :)

Catherine... said...

Leap frogging moon game...great idea...love the picture

Wanda said...

My goodness you have sure captured "action" in this one, I could almost feel that leap over the moon...holding on to get a grip first....You have such a unique talent. Love it.

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

That is something I would have give a try many years ago. LOL Pretty risky business. Great card.
QMM

Heather said...

I like this card! The stars are happy - exactly how I picture them! I wish i was in LA - would love to see the store where you sell your work!!!

Christine said...

very playful interpretation, I like it!

dthaase said...

great piece

linda said...

You really have caputured action in this piece. Great idea and great work.

Janet Dibbydabby.com illustrator said...

A happy piece, lovely colours and great movement

art2cee2 said...

Cute! :-)

Terrie said...

Fanciful and inspiring.

Joni Nickrent said...

How fun to leap and play among the moon and stars. Love it!

Mmm said...

This is brilliant. Great theme. So much better than regular manga. Great job, Holly. Thank you.