Monday, July 25, 2011

"Tea Time" for Inspiration Avenue

For this week's I.A., here is an ink and watercolor painting "Cindy's Merry Unbirthday," shown below.


Dr. Seuss' characters are playing the Lewis Caroll characters for "Alice in Wonderland's" mad tea party. Cindy is Alice, the Grinch is the Caterpillar, the Cat in the Hat is the Mad Hatter, and so forth.

I enjoy combining funny situations and characters in some of my works, and had fun meshing two different (yet in many ways alike) sets of characters for this. A bit like my other post for the "Purple and Green" challenge, where Audrey II from "Little Shop of Horrors" was trying to hang out and be glam like Audrey Hepburn. Perhaps doing this comes from my love of puns.

For those who want to see I.A. submissions or submit themselves, please go to:
http://goo.gl/fb/5yyYl

To see more of my color works, please go to:
http://drawdvl.com/color-works.html


I am excited, because I am a dork and very entertained by her music and performance art thing, if anyone takes the sample on the I.A. Lady Gaga getting tea, and runs with it for their submission (-:

11 comments:

Grannie Annie said...

Delightful...whimsical and fun and great artwork too!!!

peggy gatto said...

How wonderful and joyful!

Jo Murray said...

Lovely merging of all these characters. Well done.

Magpie said...

So imaginative the way you have introduced the Dr. Suess characters into the Alice story! Two of my favorite sets of characters, btw...I love it!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love how your mind works. Clever use of the Dr. Suess characters.

Sunshineshelle said...

Love this totally chaotic jumble of magic & colour!!!! Found you via Inspitational Avenue :)

New End Studio said...

Sunshineshelle beat me to the comment about the exact same things I like about this work. Also coming to visit from IA!

Barbara said...

Wonderful...

PetraB said...

This is great fun, love the title of your creation. It is fantastic how you merged the characters.

WrightStuff said...

What a clever piece - I'm sure both Lewis and the good Dor would approve :)

artangel said...

Vibrant and colourful illustration, and the way you've combined the characters is very creative!