Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Summer Break," Creative Tuesdays

This week's theme for Creative Tuesdays is "Summer Break," and what better way to spend a Summer Break than by being on vacation?



Above is a romantic card I made of a couple who are enjoying a Summer Getaway in a tropical setting, above hilly houses, palm trees, mountains, and a river below. I hope to save up enough to go on such a vacation myself at some point, but for now, I can draw pictures imagining such exotic locales and vacation-y spots.

To see this card at its original link, and others like it, please go to my site at:
http://drawdvl.com/family-and-friends-cards.html

To submit to Creative Tuesdays, please go to the most recent link at:
http://goodteatoo.blogspot.com/

Wishing much Summer Sun and Fun to my fellow C.T.-ers! (-:

11 comments:

Wanda said...

How sweet...I did have a romantic summer, as my dearest and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary and saw the production of Lion King.

Your illustrations do make lovely cards.

Heather said...

aw, how sweet...yes a beautiful dreamy card! I would love to be there! and you are right, summer is for romance! hee!!

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

This is so bright and colorful Donna. Haven't had a vacation like that in a while. HH does not like to travel any more. Your painting is inspirational to me. Blessings
QMM

Holly said...

I like the vivid deep colors you use. It's got a Catherine and Heathcliff vibe to it. Only with a happier ending. :)

art2cee2 said...

Cute card... Vacation is the best!

Christine said...

sounds wonderful! Nice sketch too.

Mmm said...

Lovely and romantic indeed. I want to go on vacation too.

Daniella said...

It does look so romantic!! I want to go where they are!!!!
awesome!
xxDaniella

Missy said...

Looks like they're having a wonderful vacation! Makes me smile!

Jehanne's doodles said...

Summer romance - how sweet. Love how you coloured the water :)

linda said...

What a lovely romantic card and so well drawn.