Monday, July 11, 2011

Inspration Avenue and Picasso

For this wee's I.A., I am taking an older piece of mine and re-tooling it. The original is pink and black and white. Seeing as I don't usually do digital art/manipulations, I wanted to experiment with basic color changes and the more computer-y stuff for this challenge.

I submitted this drawing/collage/now digital picture for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the blue-ish cast was to reference the famous "blue" period. Secondly, her face is a bit uneven-- and while it's nowhere near the precise and uneven cubism/surrealist style Picasso used, it was the closest piece I had to it. And thirdly, "Guernica" is surreal and meant to depict a dark aftermath of a massacre, this piece was surreal/meant to depict some scrambled and dark thoughts after they'd been floating around too long in the girl's head.

Last week people had beautiful entries for poetry, and it will be very cool to see how Picasso is interpreted! (-:

To submit to this challenge or see other submissions for Picasso/I.A., please go to:

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I enjoyed your take on Picasso and the homage you paid to his blue period. Very nice photo manipulation, as well as interpretation of this week's IA theme.

Jo Murray said...

The blue period was one of my faves too... well done.

Magpie said...

Oh, the thoughts in this girl's head! Very nice!

Amanda said...

I like how you created your piece for the Picasso theme. It is fun drawing and then using the color focus was a great concept.

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Ahhh, Picasso and his BLUE period...one of my faves of his collected life work- great take on the challenge!

priti.lisa said...

eGreat job using a Master's influence ♥