Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Storefront for Creative Tuesdays!

What a fun theme for "Creative Tuesdays!" The theme is "Storefronts," and as an addict of cupcakes, sweet things, and other things found displayed in Sugary Storefronts, I was excited by this challenge. Mister Toast mentioned french bakeries in his challenge description, which makes me dream of all kinds of nom-nom-nomy things.

Below is a card I made of a family exiting a little bakery, standing outside its Storefront. A welcome mat has been placed outside the door, the door is painted with the name of the bakery, and through the window a tiered cake can be seen. The family themselves are munching on cupcakes they purchased from inside.


I believe it had been captioned with something to the effect of, "I think you're super sweet!" In retrospect, maybe I should have gone with something like, "You're sweet as sugar!" But both I think get the point across ;-)

To see more cards of the family and friendship persuasion, please go to:


To submit to Creative Tuesdays, please go to the most recent link at:
http://goodteatoo.blogspot.com/

Hope everyone's having a good day!!

13 comments:

Christine said...

great take on 'storefront' Donna. Love the idea of the family coming out with treats.

Birdie said...

What a cute idea. I'd love to get a card like this--congrats to the lucky person you send it to.

Mmm said...

Donna, wow, its really well done and a totally different perspective on the storefront whilst still working. Love the story and the cupcakes. GREAT job. TY.

claire said...

I'm with you on the cupcake love! This is a lovely card to send.

art2cee2 said...

What a yummy storefront! Love it! :-)

Wanda said...

Your cards are delightful, and each time perfect for the theme.

I'll take a cup cake if you don't mind, sweetie!!

Daniella said...

That is amazing!!! i love how you were making up what you thought they were saying!! Awesome!

xxDaniella

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

Love the idea and the art work is great. Good job.
QMM

linda said...

What a super take on the challenge. Love the story behind this as well as your wonderful drawing.

Catherine... said...

Yummy cakes... great job...

Missy said...

Cute, love their outfits, now want a cupcake!

Heather said...

This is great...i love the colors, too! You know, you have such a great style! I love that, because I can recognize your work - which by the way I really LOVE! xo

lissa said...

I like the woman's outfit, it reminds of olden days.