Saturday, June 25, 2011

Posted a day late, for yesterday's victory :-D



The above picture is a collage of romantic cards I have done-- I made it last night, to virtually celebrate with everybody who was in NYC. So, this post is more to express some thoughts, and gratitude, over recent events.

I'm originally from New York, and I can't describe how happy and proud I am of my home state for doing the right thing (-:


(The ESB, lit up on the night of 6/24/2011, in celebration of the passed legislation)

I support Equality For All, and I am happy that in New York-- even when most of those who voted on the bill were Conservative (and were expected, because of staying true to party politics, to be opposed to the issue)-- marriage for the LGBT community was recognized as the Civil Rights issue that it is. And, therefore, was passed! I hope this is a sign of good things to come, more acceptance, and more love-- both in the States and abroad.



(I wanted to post something happy and cute to celebrate, Googled "Rainbow Hug," and found Pooh and Co! Even Eeyore looks happy here)

I want to say more, but for as verbose a person as I am... I don't really have words. Just feeling smiley, relieved, and very happy for the people in my life who I love dearly-- and people who I have never met--who are finally able to enjoy this freedom and joy that is their right.


1 comment:

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

I, too, am originally from NYS--and am so very proud of them. Nice post--and thanks for your kind comment on my IF Midsummer :)