Monday, June 27, 2011

Nursery Rhymes for I.A. Bo Peep and Her Sheep !!

The "Inspiration Avenue" Challenge for this week is "Nursery Rhymes!"

So, I am submitting a card I did that is based on "Little Bo Peep." My Peep, and her Sheep, are slightly goth-ier (steampunk-ier?) than the original version.



The original nursery rhyme goes:

"Little Bo-Peep has lost her Sheep,
And can't tell where to find them.
Leave them alone,
And They'll come home,
Wagging their tails behind them."

Other versions of the rhyme go on a bit longer, and Bo Peep is climbing hills and valleys to find her poor lambs, and is not at all happy. In my version, they've come home (perhaps they weren't lost for too long? nobody seems too stressed out), and everyone is hugging and smiling. My lambies also seem to think they are shepherdesses themselves, given their little outfits ;-)

Sadly, the Bo Peep above and I sort of look alike right now. Not because I've suddenly gone blonde, but because I drew her with little red cheeks, and my cheeks look like that because I got caught in the sun today, sans sunscreen. Aloe Vera is my good friend right now. Oh well. At least cartoon characters in a picture can be under bright suns (like last week's challenge), and not have to worry about such things :-p

Onward! To submit to Inspiration Avenue for this week's challenge, please go to:

To see more of my miscellaneous and fantasy cards, please go to:

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

9 comments:

WrightStuff said...

In one version Bo Peep's sheep lose their tails because she fell asleep on the job. I'm not sure what happened to them though - some strange villain that liked to hack of lamb tails... who knows?

Yours is a great sketch anyway!!

Charlie said...

So sweet! This is one of my favorites. I like your ending too.

Janine said...

Oh this is really lovely.
I love the way she holds the little lamb.

have a great day
Janine

Grannie Annie said...

What a cute card I love all the curly ques Donna and the sweet little sheep...great job!!!

Kottage Kreations Jewelry Designs on Etsy said...

Perfection! I love your de-tails...pardon the pun! So cute and huggable :) Their outfits are so playful!

Jo Murray said...

Nice image. Peep looks rather wistful.

Kat W said...

This is fab! I love the sheep's little outfits. Really cool illustration! And great entry for this week's theme.

Kat X

Judy Goddard said...

She sure looks happy that she found that sheep!

I hope you cool down soon!

Judy Goddard said...

I jsut remembered some old tv show, maybe I Love Lucy, where the sheep all come home without their tails, and all their tails are on a laundry line!