Friday, May 13, 2011

Illustration Friday: Safari

I posted this illo once before in a Web of Whimsy post, but I had to share it again for "I.F."

I felt that this picture, featuring an Ostrich, fit the theme of "Safari" all too well. In a literal AND in a punny sense!


















A) "Safaris" can be explorations to see the terrain and animals of Africa, and the Ostrich is a bird from Africa.

B) "Ostrich" was an application that was a Twitter extension for Safari, the internet browser.

So, there you go! Two different interpretations of the theme with this illo.

To submit, or view what other people have submitted for this week's Illustration Friday, please go to:
http://illustrationfriday.com

To view more spot illustrations at my site, please go to:
http://drawdvl.com/spot-illustrations.html

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Ted Blackman said...

Well, since you did your homework to explain the deception... I guess that makes it alright by me.

craftydvl said...

Probably was a bit of a stretch, but I've often seen themed things that fit the theme by barely a thread :-p Either way, glad to know I passed your litmus test? Heh :-)

Chibi Janine said...

Nice illustration. I've seen a ostrich they are blinking big bird