Monday, April 11, 2011

"Mother" For Inspiration Avenue

For this week's I.A., the theme is "Mother." I decided to submit a spot illustration, as I recently completed several (most of which have friendship or family themes). It's a Mom and a little girl, and the latter is coming home for the first time.



Maybe even once the girl gets to know the teddies, she'll feel like a Mom to her toys. Silly, yes, but it happens ;-)

To submit to Inpiration Avenue or view other submissions for this week, please go to: http://inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com/2011/04/weekly-challenge-mother.html

To view more spot-illustrations on my site, please go to: http://drawdvl.com/spot-illustrations.html

Best wishes for this April day ^_^

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Aw such a sweet illustration and thought on the little girl becoming a mommy to her toys. I love it.

Heather said...

this is really a sweet concept. i like the black and white, too.

Judy Goddard said...

Did you intend for the momma to look like you? Because she does! And the baby is a little older. Was she adopted?

Very interesting illustration and very pretty too.

craftydvl said...

Thank you, everybody! @Judy, people have told me that the drawings I make sometimes end up looking like me, but that is unintentional (-: I initially intended this as a Mother and young young baby drawing, but as the girl ended up looking a bit older, I did want to leave it up to interpretation that she could have been adopted. Again thank you guys for the kind words.

Kat W said...

Oh this is so heartwarming and adorable! Lovely drawing.
Kat X

gemma said...

What a great family of Teddies. I still love my Teddies too.

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

So sweet and heartwarming- I LOVE that pose. Perfect impression of "Mother"

priti.lisa said...

Perfect for the challenge, Donna and sweet as ever :)
xo