Monday, March 28, 2011

Self Portrait For Inspiration Avenue

Inspiration Avenue's theme this week is Self-Portrait.

This piece departs from what I usually post work-wise, both stylistically and medium-wise. It was done with dry pastels, and it's got more of a painting feel than the usual line-work and inky stuff I like to do now.






















Totally different than most of the work I do now. I wanted to post a more similar to my usual style, black and white self portrait I had done. However, 'tis not with me, and I had already scanned this one in-- so, I thought to submit it.

I did it a few years ago, and while I haven't worked in pastels recently, remembering how fluid this piece was to make is inspiring-- maybe I'll at least partially return to pastels, to at least use them in mixed media, in the future. Wanted

Should you wish to submit to Inspiration Avenue, or to view submissions, please go to:

<3 <3 Hope everyone is well <3 <3

6 comments:

WrightStuff said...

I love the fluid feel. It's very good.

Msartist said...

I love your use of line and color. I love it! I might have to try doing one in pastels. I love working them into paintings but didn't this week.
Happy IA Sunday. ~Theresa

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

I love this, it reminds me of a famous artist (whose name I can't think of ;)) but I love your colors and how fluid it is overall- also your eyes are my favorite part- just gorgeous!

Kat W said...

Oh I love this - It is so dreamy, expressive & pretty. You should definitely do pastel work more often!

Kat X

gemma said...

Love this and your beret.
Great colors.

Heather said...

This is one of my favorites of yours. I love it. Yes, you should pick up your pastels again, you really did a nice job with this! xo