Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Inspiration Avenue: Shine

Inspiration Avenue this week is very bright and cheerful! This week's theme, which nicely complements last week's theme of "Broken," is "Shine."

I am submitting a Father/Daughter Greeting Card, to go along with this theme in a couple of ways.


The caption for this card is, "You're Groovy, Dad!"

And as far as "Shine" goes, disco balls are shiny, the background stars are shiny, and people tend to "shine" when in a good place, in a happy relationship (here a parent kid one), etc.

So, there's my interpretation! Hope people enjoy.

To see other submission links or to submit something for "Shine" yourself, please go to:

Thanks for reading !!

13 comments:

bluegiraffe said...

So cute!!! I love the colors. They make me happy!

Carola Bartz said...

It's a lovely take of the theme. I do enjoy this.

WrightStuff said...

Great dancing - especially from 'Dad' - who we know is not traditionally known to be a good dancer!!

artangel said...

Lol at LIsa's comment - I agree, dad is doing well there (and I love his hairdo!)

This is a lovely interpretation of the theme, especially like how you've used shiny to describe the mood as well as the shiny things in the picture :)

Kat W said...

Love Dad's hair & groovy dancing!
So true that when in a good place a person can shine!

Kat :-)

Judy Goddard said...

I like shiny disco balls! Not disco, but definitely disco balls!

gemma said...

Happy Shiny piece!
8-)

dthaase said...

excellent

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This piece SHINES. It is a well thought out addition to the IA Challenge this week.

Robin Norgren said...

groovy indeed! your work is so DELIGHTFUL!

priti.lisa said...

Ahhh...if only every had a groovy Dad...great work!
xo

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Yay!! I love this..absolutely magical and fabulous..gorgeous work..the colors are enchanting too! beautiful!
Victoria~

IM GIRL said...

I missed the challenge this week, but I really enjoyed your "shine" submission!!!! Nicely done!