Monday, February 21, 2011

Inspiration Avenue: Breathe

So this week's inspiration avenue challenge is "breathe."

I am submitting an image of one of my greeting cards, where the kids in the picture are mid-air (air, of course relates to breathing), outside, seemingly relaxed, and protecting themselves from the wind and rain being breathed out by the moon.

This image is actually one of the images I use on my business cards (-:

I think this challenge was a pretty cool one, especially as it is so able to be interpreted in vairous ways.

For myself, breathing is frankly an activity I need to do more of. Or, something I have to do better. Obviously we all breathe, but I personally need to remind myself to take a step back, to breathe slower, and relax. I'd actually like to learn "proper" breathing techniques, as to my knowledge that can help with muscles unknotting, overall health, and all that good stuff.

I also have to remember to breathe when I talk, since I talk rather fast. When I was little, my Grandma used to use her hands to create a makeshift metronome, so I'd speak slowly enough that it made sense. It was cute and amusing, and it also seemed to work!

In any event, to submit to this week's challenge or see the other submissions, please go to:

To see other greeting cards like the one I've posted above, please go to:
http://drawdvl.com/miscellaneous-cards.html.

Have a Week of Inspiration, and Remember to Breathe!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

This is a great post for this week's challenge. I love the colors and the cute children. I also relate to your comments. I tend to talk fast and need to remind myself to breathe. Very nice piece.

IM GIRL said...

ooh, I love your post! I eat fast, walk fast and I am always trying to get in as much as I can in one day. I am told alot...to slow down. I am learning to do that more! Your picture is great!