Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Creative Tuesdays: Valentine!

Happy Early Valentine's Day! This post brought to you by the Challenges of Creative Tuesday and Mister Toast (-:





For Creative Tuesdays, I am submitting this piece. It's a Valentine's Card of mine, where I used some traditional imagery and colors (pink and a background heart), and some nontraditional Valentine's colors (blue, yellow, gold, brown, and not a hint of red).




The caption says "Te Quiero Con Todo Mi Alma," which is Spanish for "I Love You With All My Soul."




If anything, this holiday is an excuse to give a nice card, eat chocolate or yummy things, hug someone (whether romantic, family, or friend wise), and to take home one of the many heart-holding stuffed animals in stores that will need somewhere to go after February Fourteenth.



Or if possible, adopt a shelter animal! There are many sides to love, and one particularly big one is puppies/kittens/bunnies/etcetera who need permanent homes. A bit off the topic of human love and relationships, but felt I'd mention it all the same.


So, no matter how you spend it, hope everyone has fun this Valentine's Day !!

P.S., Edited to Add: To post your submissions and see what Mister Toast's latest challenges are, please go here:
http://goodteatoo.blogspot.com/


P.P.S. Here are everyone's entries complied together in a wonderful collage!
http://goodteatoo.blogspot.com/2011/02/creative-tuesdays-valentines-and-new.html

14 comments:

Heather said...

Love the colors you used. I like the bright blue....and the music notes, i feel like i can hear the music...
i agree it's a fun holiday to cheer us up and eat candy! he he he
and TOTALLY agree with adopting shelter animals....(we adopted Brownie our chocolate lab last year,)...I wish i could adopt them all....xxoo

Christie, Describe Happy said...

I really like the expression on the girls face! She looks so love struck! And there is a nice flowiness to the piece too! Very cool!

Wanda said...

Your drawing and colors are so rich and vibrant... and you message so needed. Love goes beyond the "ONE" you love, but sharing love with animals that need it so badly. We have several adopted dogs in our family.

Holly said...

I like the music score heart in the background framing the figures. I'm not much of a V-Day traditionalist myself. It's very appealing.

Dara Marlynne said...

My favorite part is the music heart! Really cool design!

Christine said...

the music says Valentine to me. Great colours too.

EVA said...

The right music is an incredible valentine! Very nicely done!!

Betsy said...

love the way the music score forms a heart!

and you're just full of love-ly ideas! :)

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

Indeed this is a valentine. Great job. Love the colors.
QMM

Mmm said...

Adopting a shelter animal is a grand idea and an excellent expression of love too. I have done that many times.

anyway, your card--just lovely. Sweet and with the musical notes too. romantic. Love what you said abot those cute litel stuffed animals needing a home too after Val day. :) awwww....

Mmm said...

oh, btw, if you post for creative Tuesdays so the others can be seen too or should someone want to also join in. thank you.

Catherine... said...

Love, chocolate,, music to my ears..love your painting...I'm all in favour of adopt a shelter animal. Or next best thing...feed the birds in the garden..they need our help this winter...

craftydvl said...

Mister toast, so sorry! I have fixed it and put up a link to your blog overall, as well as a blog to the collage you did of everyone's beautiful Valentines.

craftydvl said...

Thank you everyone for all your kind words :-D

P.S. Mister Toast, should I link to the overall goodteatoo.blogspot.com address for the future? Or post the link to that day's challenge submissions?

Please let me know and I will comply!

<3
Donna