Monday, January 10, 2011

Inspiration Avenue:: What Inspires You??


This week, the Inspiration Avenue team has posed us a pretty appropriate question, given the blog's theme as a whole. What is it that inspires us? A great many things inspire me personally, but here is a short list: art, illustrations, ink, black and white illustrations, brightly colored illustrations, imagination, stuffed animals (because I am a nerd), real animals, and a true love for both of those previous things.
So, given that I do love inky work-- and working in just ink, despite doing lots of colored things, as well-- and given that I love plushies and animals considered real by everyone, I'm posting this spot-illo that I did.
Actually, unicorns probably fall in the realm of "unreal" along with plushies, but I'm also inspired by imagination! And therefore, creating a drawing of a girl with a smiling stuffed unicorn, and one in actuality grazing in her backyard, makes perfect sense.
I plan on making black and white spot illos, as well as colored spot illos, and then eventually adding them all to my website.
For some other new spot illos I've done click here: http://craftydvl.blogspot.com/2011/01/sneak-peeks-of-spot-illos.html
To check out this week's replies and submissions to I.A., or to paste the link to your submission, go here and to the comments section:
Happy Inspiring!

9 comments:

Tammy said...

How great! You are an excellent illustrator. It is not an easy medium to work in. Nicely done.

Shelinwa said...

Love your writing and your art. Very cool. Thanks so much for playing this week. Hope you come again!!

Tina said...

I love your illustration! What a wonderful way to show us your inspiration.

Carola Bartz said...

I like your illustration and your story that goes with it. Excellent.

WrightStuff said...

I have a real soft spot for the cuddles too - we know they are real don't we!

I'm also rather fond of unicorns, so your post is a big hit for me on all fronts this week - as well as being a great illo!

Msartist said...

Awesome, I love illustration and art inspiration. Cute illustration you did! I love how you framed it with drawing~ Happy Creative Weekend, Theresa

priti.lisa said...

This is so good, Donna! It is always fun to see what you've done!
xox

Judy Goddard said...

Gasp! Unicorns unreal?? Well! I think yours is a clear indication that they are very real!

80)

Kat W said...

Unicorns are real!:-) And I love cuddly toys and real animals too. Wonderful drawing that tells a story without words.

Kat :-)