Thursday, January 6, 2011

Inspiration Avenue: What Colors and Hues Do You Dream In?






















This week's challenge for "Inspiration Avenue" is very fun: Color!

Specifically, we were asked what Colors are we relating to lately, and how are they coming out in our art.

While I love working in Black and White, Color is also something I get really into. I sometimes use muted palattes, but frequently when I get into Color, I get verrrrrrry into it.

The above is one of my first 2011 pieces, and it is a commissioned greeting card! I know not yet if it needs editing for my client, but I know that it surely fits the I.A. theme of the week, so, here it is.

I guess this means I am presently dreaming in space, in Bright Red, in Bright Purple, and in Metallic/Cobalt Blue Hues.

To submit, or to view this week's submissions, please go to: http://inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com/2011/01/weekly-challenge-i-dream-in-color-how.html.

Happy Upcoming Weekend !!

9 comments:

WrightStuff said...

I love your style - uniquely yours and very fresh.

craftydvl said...

Thank you much :-)

Carola Bartz said...

This is your very unique style and there is something special about it. Wonderful work!

gemma said...

Hi! I scrolled through your blog to see some of your other work too. Very graphic and cool!

Judy Goddard said...

You have such a cute style! I bet your customer is happy!

artangel said...

Nice drawing style and great colours - perfect submission for this week's IAE challenge!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I like your style. I suspect that your client is very happy with the drawing, because I can tell you have two particular people in mind. And the colors are certainly vibrant. A clever challenge piece.

priti.lisa said...

Your card and its colors scream PARTY! You've got it! I am a fan!
xo

Kat W said...

Lovely vibrant colours. It makes me feel like having a party!

Kat :-)