Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Creative Tuesdays: Scarf!








This week's theme was "scarf," and as such, Mr. Toast said the theme came with a twist! Hee, I do love puns. In any event, I actually quite like drawing characters who have donned scarves. Many of my greeting cards have characters who wear them.

In this particular illustration, which is another greeting card of mine, the little boy is wearing a rather traditional scarf. I'd say to keep warm, but his lady friend is wearing a teeny scarf but is wearing a strapless top... so perhaps their scarves are merely for fashion's sake.

The caption for this card inside is, "You're The Queen Of My Heart."

To check out other scarf submissions, please go to http://goodteatoo.blogspot.com/. And remember, stay warm!

8 comments:

Mmm said...

A gorgeous piece. So festive and makes me for some bizarre reason think of Turkish Delight--maybe its Narnia like? Anyway, always enjoy your interpretations, Donna. TY for joining in again. You are one talented blogger.

Jenny Blair said...

ooooh, I love the girls bodice, and such a lovely mix of colours and detail. Brilliant! :)

Wanda said...

Oh this is a delightful card. Love the rich colors and all the fine details that tell a story to each one that sees it. Perhaps a different story, but a whimsical fantasy tale.

Love your work!

Heather said...

Oh this is so fun! I love her outfit! and yes, good to wear scarves in the name of fashion. such fun details, too!! xo

Betsy said...

Oooh...it does look like a fairy tale! Very colorful!

Holly said...

The first thing I thought then I saw it was Mr. Tumnus (Narnia) as well! Very nice.

Tammie said...

This is quite wonderful, I love your characters and all the details.

Kat W said...

What a gorgeous mix of colours!

Kat :-)