Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Creative Tuesday: New Year

Mr. Toast has asked us how we rang in the New Year! Well, mine personally was quiet and huddled with family inside from the New York blizzard, eventually watching the "Times Square" ball drop down, be all flashily pretty, etcetera.

However, even if I myself am having a quiet time, the great thing about art and illustration is that you can allow your characters to have far more fanciful and colorful times than is always possible in real life.




















So, I thought my above celebratory card was cheery and fanciful enough to warrant being posted for this Creative Tuesday Theme.

In general, I hope to ring in the New Year, and sail forward in this New Year, with lots of drawing, card making, art/theatre/music experiencing, working on new projects, and time spent with those I love on each side of the country (and even outside the country, if I get lucky).


Happy 2011 ~~!!

11 comments:

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

Absolutely love the color. That is perfect for the theme. Good job.
QMM

Christine said...

I love this, it looks like an 'artsy' good time. Hope you have a great year, just like you planned!

Wanda said...

Yes, I love that I can draw things I can't experience.

Art is a wonderful tool of fantasy.

You have so much action, color and feeling in your drawing. Good job.

Happy New Year.

Heather said...

Yes, it's great to be able to live through our drawings. well said and illustrated, too! Great colors here on the illustration as well.
Glad you got to see the ball drop!
They say another storm is coming for us at the end of the week....
xxoo
ps Happy New Year!

craftydvl said...

Thank you all very much! :-) Creative Tuesdays has such lovely participants and artists; am very happy to be part of it.

BTW. Heather, I am from New York but currently living in Los Angeles-- although I did hear more bad weather would be coming! I was home for the blizzard, alternately fun and frustrating.

Even living in Los Angeles has been insane lately--the cities in the foothills above us have gotten snow, and we may be next. Funny and strange, all at once!

EVA said...

Lovely! A colourful and musical start to 2011! For sure it will be good!

Betsy said...

It looks like the perfect little new years eve party! :)

Birdie said...

Yes, this is what I *wish* my New Year's Eve had looked like! :D Mine was quiet and nice, though, so I'm not complaining, but your artwork New Year looks like such a fun place to be.
Good job.

Janice said...

This looks like a fun, festive party; I wish I had been there.

craftydvl said...

Thank you guys! You are all so kind (-: I feel the need to mention, re-reading this, that we watched the ball on T.V.

I thought it was implied, but looking at the post again it seemed as if possibly we were watching it out a window. While that would have been cool, it was not the case (esp. since that's not physically possible when inside a house eighteen miles North of Manhattan.

Mmm said...

Happy 2011 Donna. Yes, this looks like a merry way to ring in the new year indeed. Excellent. So love your wood block etch style. Adding this for the montage now as I make my way through the list.