Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Swan Friend and Sharpie II Show

I am pretty consumed with life, work, the upcoming Sharpie Show at Crewest Gallery (Check it out in Downtown Los Angeles this weekend, with details lower down in this post!), but I thought to post an illustration quickly. I am tired and need to retire to bed shortly, but wanted to quickly update beforehand.

I am working on Winter themed and Holiday Time themed cards right now, but as a break from all the cold snowy themed things, I am posting an illustration with some fun. Or some sun. Possibly, both. Hopefully, both! I should carry on and stop typing because my tired-self is rambling.



This greeting card says "You Quack Me Up, Babe!" Because of the puns of the little girl with her ducky friends, both the toy one and the regular one.

As this illo has birds, I want to also share this quote about birds:

"Those little nimble musicians of the air, that warble forth their curious ditties, with which nature hath furnished them to the shame of art." Izaak Walton

It may not apply as much to ducks, as quacks aren't as melodious as, say, nightingales... but it's a nice quote, nonetheless.

In closing, I'm going to share the information for Crewest Gallery's Sharpie II Show! This Saturday, December Fourth, the opening starts at Six in the Evening and runs until Nine. Press Release and Details can be found here: http://blog.crewest.com/2010/11/press-release-sharpie-show-ii.html

Well, that is all for now, everyone.

Thanks for reading! :-)

No comments: