Monday, December 6, 2010

Inspiration Avenue. Peace.

Here is my submission for Inspiration Avenue, a website where artists are invited to post their responses to different topics each week. This week's theme is "peace."


I have been sitting and making greeting cards non-stop today, and this is one such card. I posted this for the challenge, since it was an image that made me feel relaxed when I drew it, and one that I felt where the characters illustrated were at peace. The kind of peace you feel when in the presence of good company, when your mind can be at rest, and you can sit in front of the fire and sigh with a smile on your face. I guess what people hope to feel during the holiday season, even though that sadly gets lost a lot of the time. I think it's important to be at peace within yourself, and with the people in your life, as much as possible. I think if more people were at peace with themselves, then there would be less turmoil on a grander scale worldwide. I hope things can get better for everyone, everywhere.

Thank you again to the creators of "Inspiration Avenue," and I'm looking forward to everyone's interpretations on the topic.

12 comments:

Grannie Annie said...

Wonderful artwork Donna...I love when someone takes the time to do hands on real art...and this is awesome!

Judy Goddard said...

A wonderful sentiment presented by a great image!

Great job!

IM GIRL said...

Lovely reminder of such importance, being at peace with ones self. With all the stress of holidays, I think I will just fix my self a mocha, soak my feet by the fire tonight and tell myself "Well done girl, not perfect, but well done" :)

Great submission and post.

WrightStuff said...

I was going to say it 'screams' peace but that would be a bit of a contradiction!! I so get what you are saying though. They really look at peace with each other and what they're doing. It's a brilliant illustration. Thanks for joining in our challenge. Great job!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's so good to see young people enjoying themselves in peaceful contemplation. Your drawing and art is simply beautiful. I am totally impressed with your artistic ability and your interpretation of this challenge.

Amanda said...

I have come over from Inspiration Avenue and love your piece. I completely agree with the idea of inter peace is what we all must journey to find.

priti.lisa said...

You are a very talented illustrator, and I loved what you wrote, too.
Lucky people in your life...receiving handmade cards!
xo

Becklee Cottage Designs said...

love you images, it makes me think of my sister and when we were young.

Shelinwa said...

This is great!!!
Thanks for playing with us. come see my blog too.
Shel

craftydvl said...

Thank you so much, all! Very sorry to be lax about returning the commentary :-( My computer has a virus, so my having regular access to blogger is spottier than I'd like it to be. I am usually much better about responding.

However, I am excited to see everyone's wonderful contributions on the topic and am going to check everyone's blog as soon as I can. Happy Inspirational Creating!

Kat W said...

This is a brilliant drawing, you are a talented lady - I'm glad to have discovered you via IA.

Your accompanying blog post is full of truth. I think I needed an extra reminder of this on a day, today, that seems to have been overtaken with xmas madness. Lol.

Kat :-)

Robin Norgren said...

I absolutely LOVE this piece. It speaks right to my soul. So SO GLAD you chose to participate and I want to see MORE from you. xoRobin