Friday, December 31, 2010

Illustration Friday: Resolutions






















For December Thirty-First, the last day of Twenty-Ten (!!!!!!!), "Illustration Friday's" topic is "Resolutions."

Above is my submission, which I created a while ago. It is a fashion illustration entitled "The Prom-Ised Land." And yes, it is a pun on the phrase, "promised land," and a pun on proms. A couple more fashion illos, as well as all of my "Color Works," can be seen at that section of my website: http://drawdvl.com/color-works.html.

I'm not quite sure if the dance-going-gals in my picture are making resolutions, but one is reading, and the other is taking notes in her book, so it is possible.

However, it is one of my goals to draw more fashion illos this year, and I will admit that's the real reason I posted this for the theme this week. It's a visual reminder for me to sharpen my pencil, make sure I have enough ink, and to get to work!

Speaking of resolutions, I just looked at my resolutions for last year. At least, the ones I posted late last January on Blogspot. I wrote an entry where I said, I was resolved "To update this blog more! Or, er... ahem, ahem, at all." And on that front, I met a resolution. I have posted this year, and gotten to read the posts of many cool illustrators and artists. Yay!

To see this at the site and to check out all of the great things resolutions people are making and creating as art this week, please go to http://illustrationfriday.com.

On that note, I am off. I wish everyone a huggy, happy, healthy New Year's Eve and New Year. Be safe and keep drawing! If you draw, of course :-D If not, keep at whatever it is that you love.

4 comments:

Chibi Janine said...

May you keep your resolution and take your art to new hights. Heres wishing you a Happy New Year

A beautiful illustration

Sue Pownall (aka travelingsuep) said...

Good luck with the resolution, you are off to a fabulous start.

Happy New Year.

INDIGENE said...

I love the design quality of your illustration! Happy New Year to you, too!

Rabbit Town Animator said...

I love doing fashion illustrations too! Your design is great and I wish you luck achieving your goal this year!