Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Creative Tuesday for December 7th: Holidays.

So this is a repost! I am posting again to correct my earlier mistake. "Creative Tuesday" came up with the great theme of "holiday," which I posted a week prematurely, but here I am posting it again on time. Actually, I am a little late, but I think it will make it just barely!


This Holiday Card's original caption was, "You Make My Spirits Soar!"

As with my other cards, I created it with an underline of Pencil, fuller outlines with a Micron Brush Pen (I either use those or Pitt Cartooning Pens, with both brush or fine tips) and Tombo Markers.

Here is the link for this week's Creative Tuesday, and where everyone's entries, comments, and the like can be seen:

Happy Tuesday! Go forth and be creative, while enjoying whatever it is you do :-D

14 comments:

Missy said...

This is quite lovely, I like your lines and colors.

Mmm said...

Donna, this is superb and think I may have already commented on this earlier, no? Well, it is wonderful. Never heard of those cartoon type pens? What are those.

A very "textured" type style you have. Old world yet modern. Love it. You are so talented and I thank you very much indeed for taking the time to ad your creative spirit to this co-op. Wonderful. Please be sure to check back tomorrow for the montage to see your piece there too and of course, to learn of the new theme. :) Hope you will keep playing along.

BTW, LOVE you avatar. nice drawing.

Janice said...

Very nice! Here's to soaring spirits...

Shigune Matsui said...

I love it! I love your work! Here's mine http://thelunaticsdiary.blogspot.com/2010/12/crimson-queen.html

Jenny Blair said...

So lovely! Love the tail feathers and explosion of hearts! :)

Wanda said...

The richness of quality of your Christmas Greeting is wonderful!

I love that our Spirits can soar and you've depicted it so nicely.

Happy Holidays.

Heather said...

what a beautiful sentiment. I love the swan's feathers, and whimsical curls.
also, great colors, too! xxoo good to see you here at CT

Kristin Dudish said...

I love how the feathers seem to turn into hearts! Such a great caption to go with it :)

EVA said...

Very pretty! Soaring hearts indeed!!

Holly said...

I like the Victorian feel to your characters. The swan is lovely.

daylily (Queenmothermamaw) said...

Amazing, I don't remember seeing this before. It is a great addition to this group. Blessings
QMM

Christine said...

this is 'magical'.

Betsy said...

Soaring holiday cheer! Love this!

craftydvl said...

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! :-D They have definitely made my night. Mr. Toast, thank you for putting Creative Tuesdays together! The collage looks great :-) Excited for next Tuesday, as well.

By the by, here is a link to what the Micron brush pen looks like:

http://tinyurl.com/micronbrushpen

And here is a link to what the Pitt Pens look like:

http://tinyurl.com/PittBlackDrawingPens

Hope that's useful (-: