Sunday, November 28, 2010

Art Shows, Ramblings, and Carroll Quotes

I am excited to be in a show that has opened and shall close soon, and in another upcoming show. I'll mention the former now, with some quick information in case anyone near (or who ventures into) West Hollywood would like to check it out!

The show is called "The Gift Shop Show" (as it's Holiday Time), and it is on until December 11th at the "Another Year In L.A." Gallery, housed within the big blue Pacific Design Center Space on Melrose Avenue, in Suite B267.

My ink and watercolor painting in the show is called "Cindy's Merry Unbirthday," shown below, with Dr. Seuss's cast of characters populating "Alice in Wonderland's" mad tea party. Cindy, for these purposes, is Alice. Who everyone else is can rather clearly be seen, mehopes ;-)


Lastly. Given the content of the piece I am posting, and after coming across some of my favorite Lewis Carroll Quotes, I thought to share them in this blog entry.

"Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."

Lewis Carroll


"I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then."

Lewis Carroll


"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."

Lewis Caroll

To be honest, what's considered logical is often... well, not; depending on the day (and even if it's been the calmest of days), life barrels through in such a way that we are not the same people as events keep occuring; and, of course, I very much agree with the last quote: it is very easy to give others (and perhaps yourself) advice, but it is always difficult to follow that advice.
Although, some advice I might give myself would be to not waste too much time online! Which, I will actually follow, in hopes of being productive and making new drawings.
Peace out and hope everyone has had a good weekend --!!

5 comments:

Judô e Poesia said...

Gostaria de poder seguir este blog.

craftydvl said...

Bem, obrigado pela leitura! Agradeço todas as vezes você se deparar com este blog e sinta-se lê-lo. Perdoe-me, eu sei um pouco de espanhol, mas não em Português, pelo que esta resposta não pode fazer muito sentido ;-)

Mmm said...

I love how you added the Grinch and such to your drawing with all those characters for Alic in Wonderland. how very very clever indeed.

craftydvl said...

Hi Mmm! :-D Thanks and I hope you enjoy it. I originally created the piece for a Dr. Seuss themed show, and I combined both worlds since I love each and thought it would be fun to mesh them. I love your blogger icon, By The Way. Do you have a link to the full illustration :-)?

Hasibur Rahman said...

Wow!! lovely Lewis Carroll quotes compilation. Thanks!!